In September 2005, the Government of Ontario announced its investment in our community’s healthcare with the construction of a new hospital in Oakville. The new 1.6 million sq. ft. state-of-the-art hospital will replace the current Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, which originally opened in 1950.
After a great deal of planning and a comprehensive competitive procurement process, Hospital Infrastructure Partners (HIP) was selected to Design, Build, Finance and Maintain the new hospital. The HIP team includes:
- Developer: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Corporation, Fengate Capital Management Limited
- Design: Parkin Architects in joint venture with Adamson Associates Architects
- Construction: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Corporation
- Facilities Management: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: Fengate Capital Management Limited, Scotia Capital
Construction of the new hospital began in August 2011 and is scheduled to reach Substantial Completion in Summer 2015.Substantial Completion means that construction is complete in accordance with the project agreement at which time the facility will be officially turned over to the hospital.
Once construction is complete, Halton Healthcare Services (HHS) will have full access to the building to prepare for occupancy of the new facility, which is anticipated to occur in December 2015. HHS has already begun the meticulous planning required to ensure a smooth transition to the new hospital.